Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens 2019
Pawleys Island/Murrells Inlet, South Carolina (South)
Event Dates: 6/1/19 – 6/2/19
Application Deadline: 2/25/19 Midnight EST
14 day(s) and 10 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Application Fee(non-refundable)): $30.00
You can submit up to 4 applications for this show.
You are invited to submit an application to be a part of the 19th Annual Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens. The festival will be held June 1st and 2nd, 2019 at Brookgreen Gardens located between Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. This prestigious show has established a reputation for quality and diversity since its inception in 2001. The festival will take place on the grounds of one of America’s premier gardens and one of a few select places in the United States to have earned accreditation from the American Alliance of Museums and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Brookgreen Gardens is designated a National Historic Landmark and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is visited by more than 300,000 visitors annually.
Booths are located on grass and/or concrete/brick.
June 1-2, 2019
9:30am – 4:30pm
Keepsakes, the Brookgreen Shop, proudly presents the Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens for 2019. Brookgreen Gardens has the largest collection of figurative sculpture in the United States showcasing more than 2000 sculptures in a beautiful botanical garden, three indoor galleries, and a large visible storage and research center.
This two day event showcases the fine craftsmanship and quality art being produced regionally and throughout the nation. In addition to the display and sale of arts, media demonstrations by artists are featured. Booths are located on grass and/or concrete/brick
Named by Trip Advisor as One of the Top Ten Public Gardens in the U.S. and one of the Myrtle Beach area’s most dearly loved attractions, Brookgreen Gardens’ combination of art, history, and zoo touches the heart and teaches the mind.
Below are other awards and honors Brookgreen Gardens has received.
Awards and Honors
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Named in the Top Ten Botanical Gardens in America by USAToday TenBest.
- The Artist’s Fellowship – Geri Melcher Memorial Medal
- Charles A. Bundy Award for excellence in rural tourism in SC
- Named one of the 10 Best (attractions in South Carolina) by USA Today
- Named one of the Top 10 Public Gardens in the US by Coastal Living Magazine
- Named one of the Top Five Favorite Gardens by readers of Southern Living Magazine
- Charlotte Observer named Brookgreen “One of the seven wonders of the Carolinas”
- Rated a Gem Attraction – recommended by AAA
- Named “one of the best things to do in Myrtle Beach” by AOL Travel
- South Carolina Non-Profit of the Year from the SC Association of Non-Profits
- South Carolina Heritage Tourism Award from the Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation
- South Carolina Art Commission – Elizabeth O’Neill Verner Award
- National Sculpture Society – Herbert Adams Medal for outstanding contribution to American Sculpture
- Coastal Carolina University David Drayton Award – Preserving Gullah Culture
- Historic Ricefields Association Carolina Gold Award
- South Carolina Governor’s Cup Tourism Award
Location: All artists’ spaces are located outdoors in a beautiful garden setting. Brookgreen Gardens is located between Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island, South Carolina, off US Highway 17 Bypass across from Huntington Beach State Park. The site offers a secure and visible location on a major thoroughfare connecting the Grand Strand to the Charleston market.
- February 25, 2019- deadline to apply
- March 13, 2019- notification by email of acceptance or waitlist status
- March 21, 2019 – deadline to accept and submit exhibitor fee
- May 31- June 1, 2019 – set up dates for artists (times TBA)
- June 1-2, 2019 – event dates
Restrooms: Public restrooms are available.
Application Instructions: The 19th Annual Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens is proud to join other major art festivals in ZAPPlication, an online digital application sytem, which allows artists to create a profile, upload images, and apply to multiple shows with the simple click of a button. Credit cards are accepted for all festival payments through ZAPPlication with the artist application. The festival will no longer accept paper applications.
- Categories – Ceramics, Digital Art, Drawing, Fashion, Fiber Decorative, Glass, Jewelry, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting (Oil or Acrylic), Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Wood
- Images- The Artist is required to submit a total of five (5) images along with a $30 non-refundable application fee per category. Four images must be of individual work. The fifth image must be a display of the artist’s work, showing the scope and the presentation of the artist’s body of work. This booth/grouping image is mandatory. The purpose of the booth image is to ensure that the artist has a complete body of work and to help identify the size of the pieces being entered. If you are entering work in more than one category, an application fee and five images are required for each category. Artists who submit in more than one category and are accepted will be assigned only one booth space.
Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens
1. Only original works of art, made in the USA, by the approved artist are allowed.
This will be strictly enforced. Giclees of the artists’ original work will be permitted if clearly identified as such and signed by the artist. No mass-produced artwork will be accepted. If you have questions whether any or all of your artwork meets these guidelines, please inquire well in advance of event.
2. Artists must be present with their artwork at the Art Festival.
Representatives may not attend in place of the artist.
3. Exhibitors may not put any tape, glue or nails into the walls, trees, or any other property of Brookgreen Gardens. The prominent display of sale signs, or the use of any signage pertaining to clearance or end-of show specials is prohibited.
4. Exhibitors may not distribute literature of, or promoting in any way, any religious, fraternal, political, or commercial organization. Literature pertaining to the artist’s work is permitted.
5. The Festival will not be cancelled or postponed due to inclement weather if Brookgreen Gardens is open to the public on the dates of the event.
6. No pets ( except service animals) allowed and visitors may not leave pets in their cars.
7. No generators. A limited number of booths will have electricity available at an additional charge. Electricity must be requested at time of booth payment as we cannot accomodate requests at time of move-in.
8. In consideration of all our guests, please refrain from smoking during your visit. Thank you for your cooperation.
Brookgreen Gardens reserves the right to make adjustments to these guidelines and to make other decisions in order to ensure a successful event for its exhibitors.
Two types of booths are available.
1. “Premium” spaces are located near the Welcome Center and surrounding Keepsakes Gift Shop and most spaces are under cover. Booth sizes will range from 14 ft. wide by 8 ft. deep to 10 ft. by 10 ft. The “Premium” spaces are on concrete/brick or grass; those spaces not under cover will require a tent. The booth fee is $195 for “Premium” spaces.
2. All other booths will be located in the garden in the Pavilion Lawn area. These spaces are mostly shaded by majestic Live Oak trees and are on grass/dirt. Booth sizes are approximately 10 ft. by 10 ft. with some irregularities due to landscape elements. A 10×10 tent is required. The booth fee is $155..
Individual booth assignments are made to create an appealing mix of media. Assignments are at the sole discretion of the Art Festival at Brookgreen Gardens and the Festival Staff and are not interchangeable or transferable. All displays must present a professional appearance. There will be no table coverings supplied by Brookgreen Gardens. Up to 95 booths will be available. A limited number of booths will have electricity available for an extra fee. Electricity MUST BE ordered when invitation is accepted by artist.
Booth Set-up: Times will be scheduled BY APPOINTMENT for Friday, May 31st and Saturday, June 1st. The schedule will be made available for accepted artists. In some locations, artists will not have direct vehicle access to their space and move-in will require using a wagon or hand-truck from the Unloading Area.
Booth Break-Down: Exhibitors are not allowed to start break down of booths until end of event on Sunday, June 2, at 4:30 p.m. No vehicles will be allowed in the loading areas until 5:00 p.m. The garden does not close until 5:00 pm and the safety of our guests is important.VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT